Indian Farmer Hospitalized After Snake Bites His Penis
A farmer from India had to be rushed to hospital and given emergency treatment after he was bitten by a snake on his penis while he was urinating in a field. The victim believes it was a Levantine viper, a snake common to the area that are known to be venomous.
After arriving at the emergency department of the hospital in Sringar, in the northern state of Jammu and Kasmir, doctors were shocked to find that his genitals were immensely swollen from the effects of the venom. They could even see where the fangs had entered the flesh due to fluid-filled blisters that had remained on the skin.
Fortunately, medical staff were able to provide him with an anti-venom and he was able to leave hospital several days later, although the swelling of his penis didn’t go down until a week later. Doctors suspect that the fang marks may leave scars for life, as the venom can cause necrosis.