Ive lost count of the number of times Ive misplaced my phone in my house, and Im just talking about today. Admit it, youve misplaced your phone countless times too, and consequently, youve wasted a lot of time searching for that all-important device. One of the easiest ways to locate your phone in these situations is to have someone try to call it but what if you dont have another phone handy? Or what if your phone is on silent?
Well, fortunately, your phone already has some features that will help sort you out in these situations. Ive actually used this method a few times, and it most definitely works!
- Visit iCloud.com and login with your Apple ID. if youre using an Android phone, go to Google Device Manager.
- Choose Find my iPhone and the service will locate your device.
- Select your phone on the map, and click the (i) button.
- Choose the Play Sound option. This will force your phone to keep making a noise (even if its on silent) until you unlock it.
- Now that its making sounds, go find your phone!
Please note that the sound the phone makes can be quite a bit louder than you expect. So be mindful of sleeping babies and pets!